OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Cloud & Content Distribution that will manage the technology, cloud, and and distribution workflows within the Fox Media Center. This position works closely with Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News teams to innovate and test new modern enhancements and distribution solutions.
This is a leadership role within the digital and linear operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across Fox networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great Fox content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages live streaming and linear distribution of Sports and Entertainment content
- Responsible to manage a team whose daily remit includes media ingest, transformation, processing, preparation, distribution and live feed analytics and machine learning
- Creates process and procedures to drive reliable distribution operations
- Manages a team that supports the configuration, testing and troubleshooting of all distribution systems to ensure maximum reliability
- Participates in strategic planning meetings
- Supports Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
- Helps architect and deploy new technology and cloud solutions with the Engineering team
- Partners with the Engineering Operations team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Critical member of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) development team
- Promotes the use of real-time analytics to make key operational decisions
- Tracks operations dashboards and constantly looks for ways to make things works better, faster, and smoother
- Prioritizes the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
- Inspires a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- Sponsors career development programs to retain top talent
- Builds and motivates high performing teams to deliver high quality products
- Facilitates an environment that fosters the development of all-star utility players
- Deliberately creates and cross-trains all-star teams of utility players who can work in different areas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years managing or supervising teams
- Experience with media operations and technical transmission systems
- Technical knowledge of Media Supply Chain, Live Sports Production, and Over the Top (OTT) Systems
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into operational and technical requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree is awesome, but not required. Experience is just as good!
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+ is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and are invested in their success
- You value and want to hear diverse perspectives
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit
- You have a cloud-first mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.