OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Food Service team at FOX Corporation is seeking a Busser/Server Hybrid to join their team in Century City, CA. As a Busser/Server Hybrid, you will rotate among the three employee dining halls located on the Fox Studio Lot. The Busser/Server Hybrid position is scheduled as business needs require and hours are not guaranteed. Scheduled shifts will have variable hours and start times and are subject to change depending on business needs.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Busses tables
- Food Runner for the Commissary Grill food stations including the hot line station, salad bar, baked potato bar, and tostada bar
- Sets up and restocks cafeteria dining supplies and equipment
- Maintains cleanliness and organizes dining area, food/ condiments stations, and beverage machines
- Prepares, delivers, sets-up catering orders and delivery/ pick-up orders
- Moves/ lifts chairs and tables as needed
- Disposes trash
- Other duties as assigned
Dining Room Bus Person
- Communicates with and assists managers and food servers to maintain service efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Maintains cleanliness and restocks/ organizes the front of the house area
- Prepares beverages required for lunch service
- Serves water, beverages, bread, butter/ dip, crudité to guests and provides refills as needed
- Removes dirty dishes and utensils from tables between courses
- Clears and cleans tables after guests leave and re-sets vacated tables
- Returns dirty dishes, silverware, glassware to dishwashing area
- Assists servers in serving hot beverages
- Moves/ Lifts chairs and tables as needed
- Responsible for assigned side work duties for the Commissary Dining Room and Commissary Cafeteria
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for taking guests food and beverage orders in the prescribed manner, ensuring all requests are understood and communicated appropriately to the back of the house and food runner.
- Fires orders in a timely manner; understands and utilizes the Point of Sale System as a communication vehicle when entering guest orders
- Ensures that server station is prepared with proper china, glassware, silver and linen
- Is aware of changes in menu, daily specials and participates in pre-shift meeting
- Is expected to know the method of preparation, primary ingredients, portion sizes, serving temperatures, quality standards, appearance, texture, taste, garnish and presentation for all menu items and daily specials
- Places plates correctly in front of guests while describing all items delivered to the table, mentioning item, sauce and garnish.
- Advises guest of hot plates and share plates.
- Knows table numbers, seat positions and station numbers
- Relays all information, guest and/or staff accidents, complaints, comments or compliments to the manager on duty
- Keeps communication with expediter, runner or sous chef clear, concise and brief
- Continually cleans and maintains tables and station in a neat and orderly manner
- Completes all assigned sidework as required, prior, during and after shift.
- Works special events as necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Must possess some high school education
- Must have previous relevant experience as a server/busser in a casual or formal dining room
- Must have good English communication skills
- Must be hard-working and values good customer service
- Must be able to work as a team with entire floor staff and kitchen staff ensuring timely, efficient service
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects, including food trays
- Must be able to stand for periods of up to 4 hours and able to bend and stoop on occasion
- Catering experience, preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.