OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
How would you like to use your live/stage production engineering experience at FOX Sports? Our Freelance Live/Stage Production Engineers oversee the day to day maintenance of live production and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments. You would also perform emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and help train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
As our Freelance Live/Stage Production Engineer, you are required to have an open flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. In addition, you will be filled as a Nabet 53 Union Representative.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day to day maintenance of live production and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments
- Document necessary changes to the production environment
- Report daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system
- Complete emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Extensive knowledge of live production workflow dealing with production switchers, audio consoles, intercom systems, wireless audio, server-based playout, graphics generators
- Knowledge with Live Studio Automation Systems and Newsroom driven workflows
- Familiarity with Control Room Automation Systems
- Understanding an on-air sports environment and the ability to maintain & troubleshoot issues with advanced TV Studio Production equipment
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas
- Capability to provide written & verbal reports or instructions to peers, management, and clients
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an always changing fast-paced environment
- Must be computer literate with both Mac and PC and possess skills related to file-based workflows, including knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, transcoding, file movement, etc.
NICE TO HAVE
- Five years’ experience as a Maintenance Engineer in live television environment
- Knowledge of SDVN
- Specific experience with Sony Switchers, Grass Valley Switchers, Studer Audio Consoles, RTS intercom, Evertz Routing
- Experience setting up 1080p & 4K Production workflows
- College degree in Engineering, Broadcast or IT preferred
- Cisco Networking Certification coursework completed
- Professional level IT skillset to include a well-rounded networking, software, and Linux/Windows operating system knowledge base
- Rudimentary knowledge of IP routing and switches a plus
- Experience identifying signal parameters and troubleshooting issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors and audio distortion analyzers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.