OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Through the Fox News Multimedia Reporters Training Program, Reporters operate as a one-person-bands with the ability to go live virtually anytime, anywhere. Program participants will be trained on top-of-the-line video equipment and streaming technology. Each day you will gather news information, conduct live and taped interviews, write stories and deliver news reports on all Fox News & Fox Business media platforms. Throughout this two-year training experience, you are provided with the tools, resources and guidance to develop a comprehensive skill set to prepare you for future work in the field.
The MMR training program begins with an intensive week-long, hands-on technical training session at Fox News’ New York City headquarters. The reporters are then dispatched to their locations where they receive daily guidance and feedback from management. Whether it’s an assignment manager reviewing daily pitches, a senior vice president evaluating production and writing skills or a veteran correspondent critiquing storytelling, we challenge our Multimedia Reporters to continually hone their journalistic skills and capabilities through our training program.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and create news content for daily stories and breaking news across multiple Fox platforms
- Research, write, produce, edit and report original news stories, including appropriate video, graphics and audio packages
- Shoot, edit and transmit content utilizing Fox-provided equipment for daily and breaking news coverage
- Communicate to management regarding story development and work alongside news managers, assignment editors and producers to generate news packages
- Support Fox News Channel, Foxnews.com, Fox Business Network, Fox News EDGE, Fox News Radio and related online properties by contributing video, audio and written content on a daily basis
- Establish a strong network of relationships, sources and contacts within the community in order to develop story leads and ongoing relationships
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A four-year college degree, emphasis in Communications or Journalism, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Professional on-camera/field reporting experience, maximum of 3 years
- A strong grasp of national politics
- Ability to relocate to a new city with a 30-day or less notice
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced news environment
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Experience in reporting for a local television station, college television station and/or internship experience
- Exceptional writing, research, and on-air presentation skills including knowledge of AP style
- Adept in the field and capable of responsibly handling a live news situation
- Strong working knowledge of multimedia production, including previous experience with non-linear editing and CMS platforms
- Ability to work independently and unilaterally with minimum on-site support and supervision
- A team player who takes initiative
- Ability to relocate to any location - geographic mobility is a must
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends, often with short notice
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be willing to sign a two-year employment contract
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Exceptional candidates who have a natural affinity for storytelling, a love for news, a strong work ethic and a passion to succeed
- A candidate must be able to work independently, have outstanding time management skills and complete required assignments on deadline
- Prior experience within the field as a general assignment reporter, reporting and/or editing news stories for all broadcast and digital media platforms
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter detailing why Fox News should select you to join our next class of Multimedia Reporters
- On-Air Reel (Include the link to your reel in your resume or cover letter)
- 3 writing samples for print/web (300-500 words), 3 writing samples for TV and 3 writing samples for radio (Include the link(s) to your writing samples in your resume and cover letter)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.