OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
We are seeking a Freelance Broadcast Editor to join our team in Charlotte. The Freelance Broadcast Editor will be hired on an as needed basis. The incumbent will be responsible for creating content for our Promotions unit creating television “spots” for NFL Football, College Football, Major League Baseball, Boxing, World Cup Soccer Men’s and Women’s Soccer, and various racing series. In addition, this role may be assigned to provide content for our Production unit. Sports events range from NASCAR and many other forms of racing.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work hand-in-hand with producers who expect performance under pressure and to deliver professional, high quality television content under tight deadlines
- Create content for our Promotions unit creating television “spots” for NFL Football, College Football, Major League Baseball, Boxing, World Cup Soccer Men’s and Women’s Soccer, and various racing series
- Proficient in the use of television equipment and software using High Definition (HD) non-linear editing systems, media management applications, and a working knowledge of technical standards and requirements for broadcast on-air
- Work on projects for live events and TV programs that air same-day - includes performing in a high-pressure environment for delivery of content to a live “on-air” control room
- Create projects and media elements that will be stored on servers for use by other editors and producers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years experience in practical television production or related experience at the large market or network level
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A college or technical school degree in communications, television production or related field
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; They must have the flexibility to change their shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of advanced non-linear editing and TV graphics software such as Adobe Premiere CC18, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as well as conversion software such as Adobe Encoder
- Basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques to work through technical issues and effective communication with our Engineering Department to work towards a resolution of these problems
- In depth knowledge of different Video and Audio specs, formats and codecs
- Must possess solid communication skills and must effectively hand off their work to other editors and producers who will pick up where work is left off - requires following strict FOX standards of operation and organizational skills to complete projects and sequences in a timely manner
- Organizational and planning skills are a must
- Must be able to work independently and manage simultaneous projects and perform overlapping tasks that are mistake-free
- Candidates must have excellent computer skills and a diversified computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.