OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
At Fox, we are building state of the art Data Products to improve the way that our media company transacts; interacts with consumers and customers; and makes vital business decisions with large revenue impacts. As a Visualization and BI Lead, you will be working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms, data products, pub/sub data messaging, master data management, AI/ML predictive analytics, and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment, with other like-minded peers who are objective and results oriented, and who enjoy collaboration. Besides being experts in their respective fields, our architects and developers are smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for architecting and delivering solutions for Business Intelligence, Reporting, Data Visualization & Analytics
- Responsible for helping set technology strategy for Business Intelligence, Reporting, Data Visualization & Analytics
- Responsible for vendor product evaluations and tool selections, and leading proof-of-concept projects
- Provide strong technology leadership and technology guidance in the transformation from traditional BI and reporting to modern insights-driven analytics , data visualization and AI/ML and predictive analytics
- Responsible for data security and compliance
- Translate business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Collaborate closely with partners across the organization including other architects, engineering and product managers, and business partners
- Design and document data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Provide active “hands-on” architectural guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of development projects
- Remain fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution-staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new BI & Analytics technologies and introducing these into the organization
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10 years plus experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- 10 years hands-on data design in large-scale and complex data solutions development projects
- Expertise in BI, Reporting, Data Visualization and Analytics
- Strong understanding of enterprise business data domains ( especially Media and Entertainment, Ad sale , Affiliated reviews ) and related BI & Analytics use cases
- Proficiency with BI & Analytics tools, including Tableau, Looker, MemSQL, Redshift, No SQL
- Current with new technologies and vendor solutions available in the marketplace
- Fluent understanding of data security and compliance
- Fluency in architecting and documenting architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Ability to translate business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Ability to develop and lead proof-of-concepts
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences
- Innovative thinking and embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past. Thinks big and broad, without being constrained by existing norms or business models
- Results oriented, biased toward action
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.