OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Employee Relations Senior Manager works under the direction of the VP of Employee Relations to handle Employee and Legal Investigations. ER matters and investigations covers various levels of employees and include staff and freelance. Client groups will include FBC, Sports, Studio Operations and Fox Television Stations.
Under the direction of the VP, Employee Relations, duties include, but are not limited to: conducting investigations and resolutions of employee concerns, complaints and grievances; handling conflicts, documenting issues and working with internal legal counsel. Providing frequent advice and counsel to managers and HR Business Partners regarding employee issues. Collaborating with HRBPs as necessary. Must be proactive, anticipate issues, work independently and provide recommendations and solutions. Assist in implementing global employment related policies, trainings and procedures for Fox; some local and out of state traveling may be required.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts investigations and provide resolutions of concerns relating to employee complaints, misconduct and performance
- Advises and assists HR Business Partners and management with formal discipline, performance management and terminations
- Conducts interviews, research & analysis as necessary and provide resolution to employees involved
- Documents employee relations issues and maintain employee relations files
- Partners with internal legal counsel to ensure a workplace free of harassment, discrimination and retaliation
- Works to identify potential legal issues and to ensure compliance with wage and hour issues, disability accommodation and other potential litigation issues
- Visits production sets, or regional locations as necessary to handle ER related matters
- Assist with legal and other employee trainings as directed by the SVP, Employment and Labor and VP, ER
- Handles and manage general office duties such as making copies, faxing, filing documents, organizing and creating employee relations files as needed; preparing ad hoc reporting as needed
- Handles miscellaneous projects/requests as needed by SVP Employment & Labor, VP Employee Relations or HR Business Partners
- Assists legal department to facilitate discovery, research and responses to litigation, subpoenas, and EEOC and FEHA claims
- Provides legal department and HRBP’s information as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of 3 years HR Manager experience with concentration in employee relations and investigations, with 8 years overall HR experience or equivalent legal experience. Entertainment and/or union experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in HR or Employment Law preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Public speaking ability and experience preferred.
- Must be analytical and have excellent problem-solving skills. Must have highest degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Organized and able to resolve problems diplomatically and effectively.
- Must be able to coherently and calmly assess potentially volatile employment situations and make personnel recommendations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed. Knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
- Must have strong sense of confidentiality and discretion. Ability to demonstrate good judgment.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices. Able to handle employee issues and concerns with diplomacy and respect.
- Able to professionally and effectively interact with attorneys and senior level management.
- Able to develop solid and confidential working relationships with various Fox entities at all levels.
- Some local travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.