OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
From working closely with our internal FOX Sports TV & digital team talent, executives, stakeholders and various external partners, leagues, etc., to executing opportunities to increase the FOX Sports brand coverage, we are looking to add a Senior Director of Brand Communications to our team in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for leading strategic communications and media relations - coverage, experiences, content and relationships - for several key initiatives. Those responsibilities include leading strategy and storytelling for FOX Sports’ digital/social platform growth and content innovation, as well as at least one sports property partnership/category. Ideally, you will also benefit the team's continued growing focus on the voice and visuals of @FOXSportsPR and FOX Sports PressPass. In addition, you will have the opportunity to retain and leverage outside project agencies (media/influencer relations, content, experiential) to increase audience for the brand in new and creative ways.
If you have extensive experience in public relations, an affinity for sports and proven success in a team environment, we may be looking looking for you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and drive impactful communications strategies, identifying and executing opportunities to increase FOX Sports brand coverage, influence and awareness with a wide-ranging audience
- Lead and oversee the work of junior day-to-day staff
- Act as a key member of the communications team providing counsel and strategy to FOX Sports executives on important business narratives -- successes and challenges
- Develop key written messaging and storylines as guidance for executive and on-air FOX Sports brand voices
- Track and manage designated category budget(s)
- Manage influential relationships: cultivate and extend new and existing ones with key media outlets, social media influencers and other key creative voices and partners to increase coverage and awareness
- Work closely with/manage agencies to extend ideation and reach outside of a core audience – looking to seek out fresher, more diversified awareness for the brand
- Collaborate with specialty agencies and creatives to develop compelling visual and written content and experiences; also responsible for writing and delivering briefs to those agencies
- Coach staff/team members to enhance personal development and company culture
- Work with other internal teams – production, marketing, digital -- to develop integrated communications strategies connected to programming and network initiatives
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and liaison, where relevant, in engaging partners, and media contacts, negotiating press coverage and placement for the company
- Play a key role in the continued development of the FOX Sports Communications team-owned voice on social media and PressPass hub platforms
- Evaluate and synthesize the impact of communications efforts for key internal stakeholders
- Spearhead awards campaigns efforts for the network and work closely with FOX Sports awards teams to ensure campaigns align with overall company goals
- Use both traditional and new, creative ways to highlight key programming acquisitions, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of public relations related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in marketing/journalism)
- Strong network of relationships – media, influencers, league partners
- Knowledge of viewership including digital metrics and TV Nielsen ratings
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate viewership information to media audience
- Superior verbal communications and interpersonal skills in English; Spanish fluency is a positive
- Working knowledge of sports including baseball, soccer, football, basketball, boxing, motor sports, etc.
- Proven success in a team environment and successful cross-departmental collaboration
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.