OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
FOX Entertainment Research is looking for a Research Analyst to support both Audience Research and Social Media Research teams.
Oversee measurement, reporting and analysis across digital, streaming and on-demand platforms. The Research Analyst will be responsible for product management of FOX Entertainment Research’s business intelligence platform. Additionally, the Research Analyst will be responsible for processing diverse data sets, compiling reports and composing analyses that support key client departments including Marketing, Content Partnerships and Finance. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and collaborator that can be successful in building cross-functional relationships. This role requires a strong problem solver and detail-oriented self-starter who will thrive in a lean, fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
Social Media Research
Measurement and interpretation of latest digital and social media engagement trends are essential part of FOX’s overall audience and media strategy. We thrive to sense, understand, and create valuable and actionable insights, creating intellectual value for various strategic teams across FOX.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Audience Research (50%)
- Product management of FOX Entertainment Research’s business intelligence platform. Manage business rules, lead data quality control and validation, troubleshoot tagging/tracking issues, conduct testing for new releases, proactively communicate status and manage issue resolution processes.
- Partner with FOX Entertainment’s Strategy, Scheduling and Operations teams to keep current on distribution/windowing and monetization strategies for FOX Entertainment content across digital, on-demand and streaming platforms. Advise and manage measurement accordingly.
- Own Research relationship with FOX technology teams to facilitate measurement of digital video assets and inform downstream reporting. Facilitate encoding of digital assets for Nielsen measurement.
Social Media Research (50%)
- Ability to work with various social and digital media analytics tools.
- Maintain FOX shows’ social dictionary; provide timely show updates to 3rd party research companies, in order to fully capture FOX shows’ social media engagement throughout various leading social platforms.
- Assist preparing social media reports, understanding, summarizing, and generating applicable real-world insights to various FOX teams. Some design skills a plus.
- Perform competitive analysis and reporting for social media platform originated social video viewing trends across leading social & digital platforms.
- Create in-depth social sentiment reports for leading FOX primetime shows.
- Timely capture social media content consumption trends, along with the ability to report on such trends.
- Stay current with new social platform capabilities and key KPIs, ability to create various reports based on changing social media landscape (based on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social tools back-end API reporting systems).
- Understand and be current on 3rd party social media and digital analytics vendors’ reporting capabilities and methodologies.
- Work with FOX’s social media team in order to harness FOX’s social media data
- Prepare, update, maintain corporate social media topline summaries.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience working in a product management and/or digital analytics capacity. Prior media research experience is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and think critically.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; familiarity with statistical concepts and data analysis.
- Prior data management experience is necessary. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and familiarity with VBA is essential.
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Tableau or other Business Intelligence software.
- Knowledge of entertainment research methods and strategies preferred. Familiarity with Nielsen products is a plus.
- Strong and effective communicator, with the ability to write, facilitate and present analyses in a clear and concise manner.
- Comfortable collaborating across functions (research, technology platforms, strategy and operations). Self-starter with high level of initiative, conscientious with ability to take ownership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.