OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for an Executive Director of Digital Systems Infrastructure to join our Fox News Digital team and be responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of the digital infrastructure and team within Fox News. This hands-on position requires experience with server virtualization, cloud infrastructure, delivery of high availability websites & mobile applications, code deployments, as well as disaster recovery and infrastructure security.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with executive management to plan and strategize infrastructure capacity at appropriate levels of scale, efficiency, and cost.
- Help to develop business strategies, plans, and initiatives requiring solutions in collaboration with business counterparts.
- Apply strong financial management skills in running the Infrastructure group, including annual budget and operating plan development, as well as vendor and contract management.
- Work with leadership from across the Fox New Digital team to evaluate build vs. buy options for new projects.
- Manage ongoing deployments of new projects, and work closely with the development teams on source code management and development workflows.
- Develop company policies, procedures, standards, and other best-practice conventions.
- Provide leadership and monitor daily performance of networks, systems, and infrastructure to ensure operations continue within acceptable parameters.
- Provide direction to staff when troubleshooting outages, breakdowns, bottlenecks, and production delays.
- Plan additions, upgrades, and conversions of network infrastructure, operating systems, and security patches.
- Lead the refactoring and design of pre-existing software to help increase its cloud relevancy.
- Ensure that operations continue at appropriate scale and efficiency during peak traffic events, and assess the effects of these projects on the network infrastructure.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in systems and software management in a Unix/Linux environment..
- Strong understanding of features and capabilities of the Amazon Cloud Platform (Security, Firewalls, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Route53).
- Proven experience in strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Experience as a technologist, manager, innovator, and strategic leader.
- Demonstrated ability to execute in an elastic scalable server environment, and proven aptitude to lead large and complex technical projects from concept to delivery.
- Proficient with data migrations utilizing Python and AWS solutions.
- Experience with large data center cloud migrations.
- Advanced networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS) and understanding of the AWS Identity and Access Management.
- Solid collaboration and communication skills, demonstrated ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Proficient in all phases of contracting including vendor evaluation and selection, contract review and negotiations, vendor performance management, and knowledge transfer to internal resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.