OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team of passionate engineers who strive to demonstrate continued excellence in the field of DevOps and automation. You will have the unique opportunity to work closely with application developers, architectrs, and test organizations as we build our media and broadcast operations from the ground up! We're looking for someone who is a quick learner and can understand requirements, from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the product should be. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver end-to-end solutions from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring, server, and cloud infrastructure and services
- Be responsible for application and service management in AWS for the MediaCloud division, using modern DevOps principles and tools of the trade, including Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, and Chef
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Master’s degree in Computer, Physical Sciences or Engineering related discipline. This requirement may be waived only if the candidate demonstrates expert technical abilities.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in AWS, with direct experience writing Terraform or Cloud Formation scripts, deploying and administering AWS services including but not exclusive of cloud storage (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier), messaging and queuing (SQS, SNS), Lambda functions, compute (EC2, ECS), network services (Route53, VPC, WAF), and database services (RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Minimum 8 years of experience working with containers, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Minimum 8 years of experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo) and code/binary repositories (Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory, Nexus) as part of the CI/CD pipeline
- Minimum 5 years of experience with application and container instrumentation using APM tools such as New Relic, Sysdig, App Dynamics, and DynaTrace
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience with Python, Groovy, Ruby, and Bash
- Minimum 8 years of Linux/Unix administration experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Java application servers (Jetty, Jboss, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Minimum 8 years of experience with HTTP servers (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- Minimum 8 years of experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or an equivalent
- Strong knowledge in open source technologies (Redis, MySQL, Jenkins, etc)
- Exhibit a deep understanding of 3 tier web architecture
- Strong experience in designing and building automated code deployment systems that simplify development work, making it consistent and predictable. The engineer will be responsible for orchestrating environment and application deployments from the OS all through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Bitbucket, and many others
- Ability to create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Ability to provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application
- Demonstrated interest and awareness of current and future infrastructure trends
- Strong knowledge about networking and security (TCP/IP, IPSec, VPC)
- Must be a continuous learner and a critical thinker
- Must be a responsible individual capable of teamwork and communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.