OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Storage Engineer to provide on-site data storage and protection system deployment and administration for Fox storage systems supporting purpose-built physical and virtual computing environments. You will architect for the enterprise and lead activities related to implementing and maintaining the data storage and protection environments. We're looking for someone who has a strong familiarity of and experience with Block, File, Object and Cloud enabled data storage, tiering, mobility, and availability systems and methods. Additionally, you must have strong familiarity and experience with archiving and data protection including CDP, snapshot, compression/dedup, replication and traditional backup technologies.
You will be responsible for providing support functions including problem identification, RCA and resolution, technical solution development, publishing SOPs and documenting policies and procedures governing the use and operation of Fox’s domestic data storage and protection infrastructure. This position requires an emphasis on problem management, project management as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships across IT Organizations, clients, resellers and manufacturers. Fulfillment of responsibilities must be performed with a minimum amount of supervision. Join us at FOX and make your mark as we build our media and broadcast operations from the ground up!
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the architecting, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of enterprise grade data storage and protection systems for structured and unstructured data.
- Daily demonstration of advanced knowledge of working with
- High-performance Block Storage Systems (similar to Pure) in an enterprise environment.
- FC Switching (similar to Brocade) in an enterprise environment.
- File Storage Systems (similar to NetApp) in an enterprise environment.
- Object Storage Systems (On-Premise and Public Cloud) in an enterprise environment.
- Archive Storage Systems (similar to Rubrik) in an enterprise environment.
- Data life-cycle management and tiering strategies.
- Collaborate with SME’s from various IT disciplines to form comprehensive solutions to meet or exceed design criteria specified by diverse business units.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Education BA/BS or equivalent technical training.
- AWS SysOps Administrator preferred, not required.
- Technical Mastery
- Teamwork Mastery
- Problem Solving Mastery
- Vendor Management Comprehensive
- Relationship Management Comprehensive
Preferred Skills and or Experience:
- 5-7+ years of experience working in dynamic, face-paced industry (similar to Media and Entertainment).
- Previous experience with Infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Working knowledge of building Infrastructure as a Code with technologies like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize workload.
- Ability to balance and lead complex projects.
- 5-7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning.
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, Load Balancers, etc.).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with short timelines.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner in difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work to manage multiple critical projects.
- Ability to perform and participate in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to adjust priorities to align to changing demands of business units.
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor.
We're looking for passionate and dynamic individuals to join our Enterprise Data Assurance team.
- We value work-life balance, meaning we are equally passionate about work and our personal life. The passion that we put into our work implements solutions that allow us to focus on our family and friends when outside of the workspace.
- When we are on PTO/vacation, we are off work, and that means no work calls during time away. This is achieved by building a team that collaborates and shares knowledge effectively through documentation and cross-training.
- On-call cycles are rotated and shared but are expected to be low-stress because the environments we architect and build are well thought out and built for performance, durability and sustainability.
- New technologies are learned and taught, but the qualities like curiosity and enthusiasm to learn and share are self-cultivated. Relevant responsibilities and technologies listed below are significant, but we are more interested in a clear demonstration for the values listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.