Job Number: R50008959
Brand: Fox TV Stations
Job Type: Ad Sales
Location: Southfield, Michigan
Job Posting Date: June 12, 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV StationsFOX Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Maintain and improve existing clients and target prospective customers to sell comprehensive advertising campaigns utilizing all platforms including television, and digital performing the following duties:
• Responsible for obtaining revenue goals in all facets including existing accounts, new business, zero share business and digital.
• Meet regularly with sales management and digital team to communicate sales goals, new business development and forecasts.
• Proficient in negotiation skills utilizing NSI LPM ratings, and qualitative research,
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills including strong presentation skills.
• Ability to identify and target new business opportunities and hit quarterly sales goals as assigned.
• Call on prospective clients and present outlines of various programs, packages and opportunities for both linear and non-linear platforms.
• Create and present marketing plans to encourage the use of FOX in their advertising mix.
• Process all paperwork related to account lists accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
• Work with Credit Manager to ensure appropriate credit references are furnished and timely payments are received for business sold.
• Demonstrate responsibility for any and all equipment issued by FOX.
• Represent WJBK FOX 2 in a professional manner at all times.
• Regular attendance.
• Comply with all Fox Corporation computer requirements – myfoxpay, Navigator training, password protection, computer usage, etc.
• Comply with all Fox Corporation and Station policies – Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption, Insider Trading, etc.
• Duties as assigned.
• Entertain clients.
• Local/regional travel.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred.
Minimum five year’s sales/advertising experience. Possess proficient skills in Word, Excel and Power Point (a plus). Knowledge of Wide Orbit preferred. Extremely organized, self-motivated, sales driven, team-oriented, works well under pressure in a fast paced environment. Good listening skills along with relationship building qualities. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.